Here are a few more articles regarding EPISODE VII
- Spielberg Address Star Wars: Episode VII via IGN
- Jon Favreau & JJ Abrams Both Thrilled About ‘Star Wars Episode 7’ via Hollywood Life
- Arndt You Glad They Got A Star Wars Writer via Badass Digest
- Possible Star Wars director Colin Trevorrow Talks His Place in the Future Path of the Franchise via JoBlo
- Darth Vader to be resurrected via EXPRESS.co.uk
- Why Am I Suddenly Excited for Star Wars, Episode VII? via Terrible Minds
And now, a few comments. For starters, I wouldn’t put any stock in the “Darth Vader to be resurrected” article, as the British press/tabloids tend to embellish/make stuff up. Though, I could see Anakin appearing as a Force ghost.
Based on Favreau’s remarks, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s trying to position himself as a candidate for directing the movie, and I think he’d be a decent choice for the job, if not mind-blowing. While Iron Man 2 and Cowboys and Aliens weren’t that great, I’m not sure how much of that was Favreau’s fault and how much was studio interference.
What really intrigues me is the interview with Colin Trevorrow. I’m actually curious now to see his film Safety Not Guaranteed. I can’t speak to the competency of him as a director, but dammit, if he doesn’t say the kinds of things I want to hear from a potential candidate, especially the bits about him winning a costume contest dressed as a Jawa and looking forward to new films so that he can take his son to them.