A lot has happened in the last week. Here are the highlights:
- Bad Robot’s Bryan Burk, who is serving as one of the producers for EPISODE VII, has indicated that they are on track to begin shooting that film in early 2014. (via Collider)
- Mark Hamill has confirmed that Carrie Fisher is returning for EPISODE VII, while admitting that he has had one creative meeting with Kathleen Kennedy in which he expressed his desire to have less CGI and more practical effects in the film. (via Ain’t It Cool)
- EA has acquired the licensing rights from Disney to create STAR WARS video games. They are interested in fans expressing what they would like to see on Twitter with the tags @EA_DICE @VisceralGames @BioWare and #starwarsnextgen. I have already requested a Terraria-like STAR WARS game featuring the Ewoks and utilizing material from the old cartoon, the TV movies, and of course, Return of the Jedi. (via IGN)
- Dave Filoni posted a piece of artwork on his Facebook that appears to be an incomplete TIE Fighter suspended from a crane, along with the heading, “It’s hard to believe that I have worked at Lucasfilm almost eight years, and this is the first time I have ever gotten to draw a TIE fighter.” Speculation are that it’s for the new animated series, though whether it’s a TIE being built sometime between the Prequels and Original Trilogy or being demolished following Return of the Jedi is anybody’s guess (my money’s on the latter). (via IGN)
- Lucasfilm has registered new domains. They are: gunganfrontier2.com, gunganfrontier3.com, gunganfrontier4.com, order67.net, starwarsalliance.com, starwarsrebels.com, starwarswolfpack.com, wolfpackadventures.net, and wookieehunter.com. There’s no news whether these are for new television, video game, or other media projects, though Gungan Frontier was an educational game released around the time of The Phantom Menace. (via IGN)
- Sky Movies has a video where notorious Prequel detractor and the voice of Dengar on Clone Wars, Simon Pegg interviews EPISODE VII director JJ Abrams about STAR WARS.